Held at: USC Alumni Center
From 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the commission meeting will continue to be scheduled at the USC Alumni Center in lieu of the SCDOT Board Room.
|David E. "Gene" Branham, Sr.|
|John H. Burriss|
|Pamela L. Christopher|
|Tony K. Cox|
|John Barnwell Fishburne|
|James T. McLawhorn, Jr.|
|Robert D. "Robby" Robbins|
|Nancy P. Whitworth|
|Woodrow "Woody" W. Willard, Jr.|
1. Call to Order - Chairman Cox
2. Roll Call - Chairman Cox
3. Approval of Meeting Agenda (Action Required) - Chairman Cox
4. Prayer - Commissioner Branham
5. Pledge of Allegiance - Vice Chairman Fishburne
6. Approval of Prior Commission Meeting Minutes and Actions (Action Required)
The Commission received the Report Out from the September 16, 2020 Workshop.
Commissioner Willard provided the Report Out of the September 17, 2020 Audit Committee Meeting.
7. Public Comment - Chairman Cox
There were no public comments at the meeting.
8. Resolutions for Road Dedication - Chairman Cox
9. Recommendations for Review - Deputy Secretary Powell and Director Peterson
Requesting approval of this extension to include replacement of a 108" diameter cross line pipe on S-4-184 (Hunt Road) in Anderson County.
Approval for extension for SC-49 Union Hwy and Bridge over Cedar Shoals Creek in Spartanburg County
Extension to include pavement markings for approximately 80.93 miles on various secondary roads in York County
Cuff Item (Action May Be Required)
10. For Information Only (No Action Required)
Deputy Secretary Powell reviewed the For Information Only items. These approvals, made previously by Secretary Hall (pgs. 123-160), were supplied to the Commission for information only. No action was needed.
Surplus Property Relinquished
Contracts > $500,000 (Individual or Aggregate)
Secretary of Transportation approval for the award and execution of an emergency contract at S-23-604 (Delmar Avenue) and S-23-741 (Rison Road) in Greenville County as a result of a roadway washout caused by the severe weather event of May 20, 2020.
Professional Services Contracts
Transportation Alternative Program (TAP)
11. Old Business (Action May Be Required) - Chairman Cox
There was no Old Business.
12. Secretary of Transportation Comments - Secretary Hall
Secretary Hall introduced Assistant Director of Public Relations Creech and said he would give the Accomplishments for October 2020 report.
13. Commissioner Comments - Commissioners
Several Commissioners welcomed aboard new Commissioners Christopher and Whitworth, lauded the Agency’s staff for their great work, and said the Agency is moving forward with positivity.